Maria Cecilia Rachadell focuses on corporate and financial matters related to the structuring and implementation of Mergers and Acquisitions, Divestitures, Corporate Restructurings, Joint Ventures, Project Financings and Debt Financings. She also has substantial experience in Banking and Capital Markets transactions.
She advises both local and multinational corporations doing business in Venezuela in the corporate, contractual and regulatory aspects of their activities. She drafts and negotiates corporate and financial documents, and supervises corporate due diligence.
Before founding InterJuris Abogados, S.C., Ms. Rachadell was Of Counsel to an international law firm and worked as associate at a leading Venezuelan law firm. She is a Certified Public Interpreter in English.
She has been recognized for her achievements in the corporate and financial field, including mentions in Chambers & Partners, IFLR 1000, Latin Lawyer, Best Lawyers, Who’s Who Legal: The International Who’s Who of Corporate Tax Lawyers, Latinvex Top 100 female Lawyers and The World Leading Project Finance Lawyers. Chambers Latin America: Latin America’s Leading Lawyers for Business cites her for her Corporate/M&A and Banking & Finance practices, commenting on her “experience and know-how” and noting that she “excels in international finance matters and is applauded for her proactive approach and negotiation skills”. She is also praised for “keeping in touch with the client at all times and providing clear communications”.
Chambers Global also recognized her for Corporate/M&A and Banking and Finance matters in Venezuela. She is also listed in the Guide to the World’s Leading Project Finance Lawyers recognizing her as an Authority on Project Finance and by Best Lawyers for her capital markets practice.
Ms. Rachadell has been invited as speaker in several events on corporate, constitutional, banking and Insurance matters in Venezuela and Colombia. She was Assistant Professor on Contracts and Teaching Fellow on Constitutional Law and Administrative Law at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. She is a member of the advisory board of the NGO Fundación Autismo en Voz Alta.
She is the author of El Decreto-Ley sobre Mensajes de Datos y Firmas Electrónicas (Data Messages and Electronic Signatures Act),published by Fundación de la Asociación Venezolana de Derecho de Seguros (AVEDESE-AIDA), under the coordination of Professor Alberto Baumeister-Toledo for Universidad Católica Andrés Bello.
Author of El Decreto-Ley sobre Mensajes de Datos y Firmas Electrónicas (Data Messages and Electronic Signatures Act), published by Fundación de la Asociación Venezolana de Derecho de Seguros (AVEDESE-AIDA), under the coordination of Professor Alberto Baumeister-Toledo for Universidad Católica Andrés Bello.
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Corporate Finance Committee of the Venezuelan American Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- List of Arbitrators of the Arbitration Center of the Caracas Chamber of Commerce (ICC Venezuelan Chapter)
- Awarded as a Woman Leader of Venezuela in June 2020, by IFLR1000
- Awarded Venezuela Lawyer of the Year in May 2018, by the Chambers Women in Law Awards
- Top 100 Female Lawyers in Latin America, by Latinvex in May 2016.
- Awarded Best Lawyers’ 2015 Caracas Project Finance and Development Practice “Lawyer of the Year”
- The Guide to the World’s Leading Project Finance Lawyers recognizing her as an authority on Project Finance
- Awarded Best finance Lawyer in Latin America, by the Americas Women in Business Law Awards 2015