Juan José Delgado concentrates his practice in Energy, Taxation, Banking, Corporate and Financial matters related to the structuring and implementation of project financings, debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, corporate restructurings and joint ventures.
He advises both local and multinational corporations doing business and investing in Venezuela in the corporate, contractual and regulatory aspects of their activities. He drafts and negotiates complex corporate and financial documents, and advises on the tax implications of the proposed transactions.
Prior to founding InterJuris Abogados, Mr. Delgado worked as a partner at an international law firm and was a partner at a leading Venezuelan law firm. He is a Certified Public Interpreter in English.
His experience in Energy, Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions, and Banking and Finance matters in Venezuela has been recognized by Chambers & Partners, Latin Lawyer, Best Lawyers, Who’s Who, and The World Leading Project Finance Lawyers, among others. Chambers Latin America: Latin America’s Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes him for his legal practice in three areas: Energy & Natural resources, Corporate/M&A and Banking & Finance. Chambers notes he “has a broad practice and years of experience” and “is widely acclaimed as a practical and business-minded lawyer who makes deals happen.”
- Author of Financing of Offshore Natural Gas Projects in Venezuela, published by Asociación Venezolana de Procesadores de Gas (AVPG)
- Author of Elusión, Evasión y Defraudación Fiscal, published by Asociación Venezolana de Derecho Tributario
- Limitaciones a la Potestad Tributaria de los Municipios, published by Asociación Venezolana de Derecho Tributario
- New Law and Tax Regime for Hydrocarbons in Venezuela, published by the National Law Center for Inter-American Free Trade
- Data Messages and Electronic Signature Law, published by the National Law Center for Inter-American Free Trade
- Co-author of the Venezuelan chapter on gas regulation in 2011, 2012 and 2013 published in The International Comparative Legal Guide to Gas Regulation
He has been invited as speaker at events worldwide. Some have included:
- Latin Lawyer – GRR Live 2nd Annual Restructuring Summit, New York. June 5th, 2017
- The REDD Latin America High Yield & Distressed event. September 29th, 2016
- The Latin Lawyer GRR Restructuring Summit. June 6th, 2016
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Tax Committee of the Venezuelan Chamber of Commerce