Adriana Lezcano Schellenberg is a Projects and Corporate Lawyer based in Switzerland, specializing in the Oil & Gas, Power, and Mining sectors. Her expertise includes drafting and negotiating contracts relating to upstream projects and corporate transactions in the oil and gas sector (including production sharing contracts, joint operating agreements, and agreements for farm-outs, joint ventures, asset sales, and mergers and acquisitions of oil companies), and advising on oil and gas regulatory matters, including the tendering and award of petroleum licenses.
Adriana has also extensive experience in the drafting and negotiation of EPC and BOT contracts, and service agreements, for projects in the oil and gas and power generation industries. In addition, Adriana has worked on the acquisition and development of mining projects in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
She has more than fifteen years of international experience advising on energy and resources matters, including six years as a partner in a leading Venezuelan law firm.
Mrs. Lezcano has published a number of articles on oil & gas matters for international journals, and has presented at various international conferences, most recently in Myanmar.
- Presentation: Oil & Gas Service Contracts – Key contractual issues for services contractors. The 6th Offshore Technology Asia Conference, Myanmar. December, 2014
- Presentation: Regulatory Framework for oil and gas service providers in Myanmar. Myanmar Offshore Congress (September, 2014) and Myanmar French Chamber of Commerce (October 2014)
- Author: Venezuela Issues New Rules for Royalties on Non-Associated Gas. OGEL Global Energy Law and Regulation Portal, OGEL 2 (2008)
- Co-author: Will the Government reverse Venezuela’s oil opening? A few tax considerations, OGEL Global Energy Law Portal, July 2004
- Author: Hydrocarbon Upstream Opportunities in Venezuela: Up and coming projects and investment alternatives, OGEL Global Energy Law Portal, November 2003
- Co-author: Understanding the new legal regime for electric services is critical for the energy business, Venezuela Oil and Gas Journal Latin America, Vol. 8 N° 3, May/June 2002
- Co-author: Electric Services Law Amendment, Latin American Law & Business Report, Vol. 10 N° 4, April 30, 2002
- Co-author: The New Venezuelan Legal Regime for Natural Gas: A Hopeful New Beginning? Texas International Law Journal, Winter 2001