InterJuris Abogados is a leading commercial law firm based in Caracas. Our specialist lawyers advise Venezuelan and international clients on all corporate matters, including complex M&A transactions. We are known for having the right mix of experience, resources and industry knowledge.
Practical Legal Expertise, Corporate And M&A
Our clients work against the backdrop of a challenging commercial environment and a complex Venezuelan regulatory framework. Unparalleled local knowledge coupled with innovative thinking ensures we help you complete landmark, high-value corporate deals. At times our advice has saved major business operations from failure in the Venezuelan market.
Who We Work For
InterJuris Abogados advises a host of household name foreign clients with major operations in Venezuela. The corporations we represent are leaders in the full range of Venezuela’s key industry sectors, such as IT, pharmaceuticals, energy and natural resources and hospitality.
What We Do
Established in 2010 by a close-knit group of lawyers from leading global law firms, InterJuris Abogados is now regularly involved in high-profile transactions across all major Venezuelan industries. We have represented purchasers and sellers in most of the largest private and public sector acquisitions in Venezuela.
Our work encompasses:
- Structuring and implementation of mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures, including creation of appropriate corporate structures for joint ventures with Venezuelan State owned entities
- Sale and purchase of large shareholdings in major international corporations, gaining approval of multiple international regulators
- Advice on worldwide corporate restructuring
- Due diligence on acquisition and sale of businesses
- Separation of corporate entities, including contractual modifications
- Advice to high net worth individuals on corporate acquisitions and disposals
- Guidance on nationalization processes of companies with foreign and domestic shareholders
- Restructuring and re domestication of holding companies outside Venezuela to take advantage of bilateral investment treaties and double taxation treaties
- Non-transactional corporate matters essential to the successful operation of a business in Venezuela.
“The InterJuris team is very helpful – the lawyers are very knowledgeable in this area and have notable strengths in strategy planning.”
“The prompt response to client inquiries, the availability of the whole team and their vast experience in the oil and gas business to me is an introduction to a great firm”
“The firm houses a young and talented group of lawyers who endeavour to find creative solutions.”
Find out how our specialist team can help you and your company. Call +58 212 750 1200